Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 2- Apartheid Museum & Soweto

I’m lying in bed in Johannesburg, South Africa! Yesterday we got into SA at 5.00pm, checked into the hotel, and went out to dinner. Adam and I shared a delicious spicy chicken & avocado pizza. It is really hard trying to work out how much Rand is to U.S. Dollars. Our pizza was like 41 Rand and I was like no way am I paying that much for pizza! Then I realized it was only like 6 bucks J

After dinner we went back to the hotel and crashed. I’m rooming with Christina and it’s been great getting to know her. It’s also been great getting to know everyone else on the team too. I feel like we really have a great team.

Earlier today we went to the Apartheid Museum and a township in Soweto. At the museum there was so much information it was really hard to get through everything in 2 hours. It was also hard to process all of the info but I was really glad I was able to gain a better understanding of the history. In Soweto we went around looking at everything and got to see a little bit about what life was like in the townships. I was surprised that everyone we drove past was extremely friendly and waved at us.

I am really looking forward to finally getting to Pietermaritzburg tomorrow and settling in to where we will be staying the next few months!


Katie and I right after we landed

The Johannesburg Airport

Adam and Adam sporting their matching SA shirts

Our whole group after we landed in Jo-burg

Downtown Johannesburg

Katie and I at the Apartheid Museum

The boy's jump shot (Adam on the far right)

The township Soweto

Goats!!
 
Copyright © 2009 Jo & Adam 'n S. Africa All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Template by Anshul