Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Flying In!

I'm sitting on the plane about 4 hours away from South Africa. I excited, but still don't really know what to expect. I was lucky enough to spend the long plane ride with Adam. I'm really tired because I have absolutely no idea what the date is, or what time it should feel like to my body.
We loaded the bus at 1.45am on Sept 7th. We then boarded our plane from LAX to D.C. at 6.00am. We got to Washington D.C. at 1.00pm and our plane left at 5.00pm. I now assume it's the 8th, but have no idea what time it is or what time zone we are in. The airplane clock says 1pm but it feels like it should be the middle of the night because the airplane is completely dark and everyone is asleep.
Anyways this long plane ride has been good, Adam and I have watched 4 movies, Date Night, The Wedding Singer, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and Our Family Wedding. I don't feel like I can sleep because my body has to get used to the time. Also there is this family sitting in front of us with these little girls that are hilarious. This one that's about two years keeps peeking through the seat and starting at us. It's so funny.
One slight problem with our plane ride. About 1/2 way through we stopped to refuel in Senegal where some people got off and others got on. Well one gentleman boarded the plane that may have had a body odor issue. It may be one of the most consuming smells I have ever experienced, and I may currently be sitting with my face wrapped up in an airline blanket burka style. It also may be making my gag reflex go every couple minutes.
Despite that, it's been great sitting with Adam and being able to soak each other up after not being together for so long. It has also been great hanging out with Katie and Joey again! I have also been reading this book, Sacred Marriage that has been amazing so far and has really been teaching me a lot.
I miss everyone so much already, and hopefully I'll be able to keep this blog up!


Adam and I on the bus to the airport!



Katie and I at the D.C. Airport

Our Plane!!

Adam and I on the plane with our movie headphones

Little tubby girl from our 2nd plane ride :)


Me in my burka wrap on the dark plane
 
Copyright © 2009 Jo & Adam 'n S. Africa All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Template by Anshul