Saturday, September 11, 2010

Leaky Room :(

Our perfect room has sprung a leak… ALL OVER MY CLOTHES!! We woke up this morning to a cool rainy day and when I went to get changed I realized that our ceiling had been leaking right into our closet all night and my clothes are soaked. Katie and I were so excited to be all moved in and comfortable but now we have to pack up, leave our room and our chalet, and move!

Katie told me this story about this girl on her Uganda trip that left all of her clothes in a wet heap for a couple days and then went to put them away, but they smelled so bad of mildew. She washed them again and again but the smell never came out so for the rest of the 4 weeks she was known as “Mildew Girl” and I really don’t want that to happen to me. Let’s hope my clothes dry nice :)

Anyways we moved up to a new chalet allllllllll the way on top of a very high hill in “Monkey Village” where there a million monkeys. It’s kind of fun but hard to be isolated. I guess it’s living out of a suitcase till they fix our room.

I was able to do my devotional today on a rock at the top of one of the waterfalls on campus. It was beautiful! I catch myself just looking around in wonder again and again. I know i've said it before, but I feel so blessed to be here!

The waterfall by our room

So pretty!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2009 Jo & Adam 'n S. Africa All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Template by Anshul