Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Monkeys Being So Naughty...

This morning I woke up and it was an overcast day, but the flowers were beautiful out! I started taking pictures of the pretty white and pink blossoms right outside our chalet. And then a few others around campus. I soon noticed that the boys looked like they were up to something. I saw Joey (Adam's roommate) lurking around one of the trees.
After breakfast I was walking back to my chalet when I saw Joey facing off with a monkey. The monkey however wasn't running away like they usually did. Apparently something had gotten into the monkeys and they naughty and aggressive the rest of the day.
The boys decided it would be fun to tease them by setting up a muffin on a pole and when the monkeys got close enough to grab it, to throw sticks at them. The monkeys were too quick and grabbed the muffin in about 10 seconds but dropped on the ground right next to my chalet.
I was able to sit and watch a whole horde of monkeys come over to scavenge all the muffin crumbs from the ground.
The best part was when people came walking up or down the path they would scatter but then some would almost charge the person walking. It was crazy seeing them so aggressive. I still love them though and am definitely not sick of them yet!

The pretty pink & white blossoms

All of the chalets (one on top and one on bottom)

Beautiful spring trees

Joey lurking around the trees

Joey facing off with a monkey

The monkeys waiting to cause trouble


Adam W. ready and waiting with his stick

The horde of monkeys eating the muffin crumbs

Their tails are so long...

Me with the monkeys

The one in the middle kept looking straigt at me



Close up look at the Monkeys


Monkey Infestation


Katie's Close Encounter with the Monkeys
(watch closely as one monkey runs right up to her as she walks by)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2009 Jo & Adam 'n S. Africa All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Template by Anshul